Monday, February 19, 2007

A Disease of Our Time

Computer Addiction;

I don’t think the AMA has done any studies on this subject yet. But if they did please let me know. It can be as addictive as gambling or even our little white powder friends. Yes its true because I have come to realize that I am a “Computerholic.”

Since I have overcome my state of denial I have noticed a lot of my friends are addicts too. At work some of my coworkers are constantly drawn to the flickering light, hooked on Myspace or Youtube and Ebay. Another coworker is drawn to the shops point of sales system as if it were a video game and stays up all night glued to the keys and screen. Some of my closest friends are so addicted that their household is as dysfunctional as a couple of alcoholics. Another good friend runs his entire business on the Internet and is totally hooked on reading conspiracy sites. Conspiracy sites yes! I love all the conspiracy sites myself weather I believe them or not, that’s only part of my computer addiction. Lets go back to the beginning. A few years ago I knew very little about computers I thought I had no use for computers. And then it all started when one of my computer geek friends gave an old hand me down Mac. It played cd’s very well and had a word processor and I could go on the web with it. It was slow as molasses only having a 56k modem and all. That was the hook! I love surfing. And I’m totally hooked on Photoshop. So I up graded a few times, with DSL faster processor and stuff. I started four websites within two years, and a blog, my blog is still running obviously or you wouldn’t be reading it now. Two of my sites are still up and running www.rinkadinkproductions.com and www.ronnielobello.com .

Sorry I got off the subject. Addiction to computers! Do you stay up late at night surfing the web or playing games like grand theft auto for more than an hour a day? Or write and read blogs ‘till the wee hours of the morning? Do hang out in virtual chat rooms? Ich! Be careful, or buy tons of crap off Ebay and sell too. Are you often late for appointments or work because you are checking you e-mail or checking a bid on Ebay?
Or perhaps you blew off an errand or two or neglected some choir you should have done, because you doing something on the computer?

Well my friend you are hopelessly addicted to computers.

You are a “COMPUTERHOLIC”!!!!

This disease is in epidemic proportions, our society is totally enslaved by the “computer revolution”. We cant imagine living without our connection to the web much like a junkie can’t imagine living without dope. We must all be aware of the E-monster. It’s almost impossible to escape with out making a change in you life. Being aware of computerholism is the first step in controlling your sickness. Starting chat groups on line or surfing the web by typing the words “computer addiction” on Google, and staying up all night searching for a cure. (Just kidding) Or read a book, ride a bike, watch a movie,paint a picture or take a walk somewhere.

Ps. if you don’t think you’re a computerholic then why are you reading this blog?

Thanx for reading my rant. “Ronnie”


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is help for your problem go to http://www.computeraddiction.com/
thank you Judy

Anonymous said...

DON'T CRAP ON E-bay.THE BEST ABOUT IT IS YOU REALLY CAN GO BACK IN TIME. YOU JUST ADD PATIENCE AND $$$.IT COULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF YOUR BEST IDEAS IF YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A OF IT AT THE BIKE SHOP.THERE IS BAD IN E-BAY BUT I NEVER SEE IT CAUSE I ONLY SEARCH VINTAGE BIKE PARTS.YES I LIVE IN THE PAST AND I PAY TO DO SO.
JIM SHOO OF NOTTINGHAM

Anonymous said...

Gee,Ronnie computerholism may not be so much disease as much as an mode of(time)travel.After all your blog is really in the past.
If one needs to find an answer,clairification or even identification it's there for those who know how to seek it.
Is it all a figment of my mind cause I'm charged with cosmic energy,has the world gone mad or is it me? You are welcome.
JIM SHOO OF NOTTINGHAM

Ronnie LoBello said...

Hey Jim Shoo you must contact Nor Ollebol Dr. Radar can lead you to him Long live NURN www.unheardofradio.com

Anonymous said...

Commputerholism is real.I believed it existed and said I would never sit for hours and stare into the abyss with the result of a big butt.I found I was doing just that one day. I was wrong.However I still believe that Lance is also wrong.
It is about the bike!!!!!!!!
Forgive him ,obiously he never rode a classic COLNAGO.Do what Ronnie says go for a bike ride.I say ride a classic when you go.The art of crafted bikes is fading,fast.Do the research.
Ronnie add a "Jim Shoo bike rant" to your Blog and I will expess more Re-cycleisms.
Jim Shoo of Nottingham

Anonymous said...

I just came from a modern bike race. Not one "OOOOH cool bike" did I see.Its over.Go back to your commputers.Maybe Lance IS right cause they are ALL exactly the same,crevello,cannondale,
specialized,giant,treek.Whatever.
JIM SHOO OF NOTTINGHAM

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.